Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Courage

It's crazy how things can change in a matter of seconds. I have seen the damage of what lies and deceit can do to a family. Well, pretty much to anyone. Not only am I seeing it right now, but I have been a part of it. It breaks my heart on both ends. People say they don't want to choose sides, but they do it anyways without thinking. I know that keeping a secret from a person you love dearly not only destroys them but changes how they view you as a person. If I could go back and change it I would. Never again will I hold my tongue because I fear the other person will not believe me. Fear, that others would be mad at me and think I am the cause of the problem, when really THE PERSON LYING IS THE CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM!!!

I am not going to go into too much details, for it involves a lot of people, and now it's in the past. It was someone close to me that got cheated on. I seen it with my own eyes, because I caught them in bed together. Instead of immediately saying something to the other person, I just kept it to myself for so many years. Two kids and seven years later, is how long I kept that secret with me. 

This person was going through it and was finding out little by little all that had been done. This person asked me, "Why didn't I say something?" My reply was, "I was afraid you wouldn't believe me and thinking that I was lying." When I said that, I think it hurt that person more then the act that was done. If I could go back and change, I would! Not only was this person devastated and hurt but heartbroken because I didn't trust that person enough to speak up. Then again in a later part of this person life, I know of the same incident. This time I spoke up and said something.

For those of you out there who believes in speaking the truth, standing up for what is right, I COMMEND YOU!!! It takes a lot of guts and courage to speak out. The problem with people is, it's okay for them to talk about other people and their problems. But when you tell them about how they are and what they are doing, you are consider a liar. How dare you speak against them. The thing is, it's not about breaking up a relationship (any kind). If someone is letting you know that this person is doing you wrong, it's your choice on how you want to handle it. If you choose to stay and give them a second chance, great. If you choose not to, great. That is your choice and yours alone. It's about awareness, for the other person to speak their peace. 

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. The third time, well let's hope there is not a third time. The point is their is two sides to every story. ACTIONS speak louder then words. I know people mess up here and there, but take in to consideration, all accounts and facts. Love is blind, but there will come a time when you have to lift the blinders up! 

GOD IS GOOD!

-One


LJP 2012 

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones